Pipe leaks in Montgomery, AL pose a real plumbing problem for homes, businesses, and municipal properties. When pipe leaks are left untreated, they can develop from a minor problem into a costly catastrophe. At Cole Plumbing, we offer our customers with a menu of services to resolve pipe leak issues in an efficient way.
Our technicians are Montgomery plumbing professionals who understand the science behind leak detection and provide trustworthy services that completely repair the issue. You don’t have to worry about future leaks when Cole Plumbing addresses the issue. We will service your home or business with a leak solution that is minimally disruptive to your yard, flooring and life.
What Causes Pipe Leaks?
Pipes can spring a leak for a number of reasons. After serving as a trustworthy plumbing company in Montgomery AL and the surrounding communities, Cole Plumbing understands that many pipe leaks occur at no fault to the homeowner. The most common reasons for pipe leaks include:
- Age: Advanced corrosion can create small cracks in your pipes. Even the best piping material eventually ages, and depending on the material, may cause rust to invade your water supply. Pipes that are more than 30 years old are most at risk.
- Warped seals: The small, rubber seals that connect your pipes to fixtures can degrade from wear and tear.
- Intense water pressure: One of the negative side effects of strong water pressure is the beating your pipes take. Intense water pressure can cause leaks and quickly age your plumbing.
- Incorrect pipe laying: Hiring a licensed and experienced Montgomery plumber is key to prolonging the life of your plumbing system. Pipes that are laid incorrectly can create major damage beneath your home or in your walls.
- Tree root invasion: Tree roots can grow into your underground piping, causing major disruptions to your water and sewer flow.
Pipe leaks can also be caused by untreated clogs and pipe joint damage, which is why routine plumbing maintenance is crucial to your system’s longevity.
Pipe Leak Detection Montgomery, AL
If you fear you have a leak, the Cole Plumbing team will come to your home or business to perform a diagnostic test. Whether it’s a water, sewer, or gas line, out technicians can evaluate the situation and have the leak repaired in a timely manner. Depending on the nature of your leak, the technicians may use one of the following leak detection methods:
- Camera inspection: A high definition, waterproof camera is attached to a malleable cable so our plumbers can identify exactly where the leak is located.
- Hydrostatic technology: A leak can be identified using liquid, typically water, that’s pressurized inside the pipe. The water is dyed a fluorescent color so our technicians can see where the leak is located. Our technicians also test for a loss of pressure.
- Low-Pressure air test: Testing is performed after pipes are installed. The pipes are filled with air, pressurized, and observed. Any loss of pressure indicates a pipe leak that must be addressed. Existing pipes can also use this testing method when excess water is drained and the main water valve shut off.
When you request leak detection Montgomery, Alabama, and the surrounding areas, Cole Plumbing works to find a solution that’s not invasive to your property or time. Our professional crew treats your property just as we would our own. Contact Cole Plumbing today for advanced leak detection services. We also offer: